The DSX is TOP RATED in its class.
Listen to PEW SCIENCE’s review and TOP RATE the DSX Suppressor.
Pew Science Episode 162 – Maxim Defense DSX, the SURGE, and Tuning an AR for Silencers (10-MAY-2023)
The Maxim Defense DSX:D Suppressor is the benchmark of extreme duty use silencers. In addition, the DSX has been recognized by Pew Science for its performance, earning top honors in firearm sound suppression.
The DSX’s core is an asymmetrical monolithic steel construction, a “monocore.” Monocore silencer design is a mature technology in the modern silencer market, known for its simplicity and alignment advantages.
The DSX is designed for duty use and a lifetime of ownership. It’s user-serviceable and can be disassembled with common tools for occasional maintenance.
– Increase reliability and longevity with host firearms due to low gas blowback and low gain in host weapon cyclic rate compared to other more traditional suppressor designs.
– Drops sound to well below hearing safe levels (specific reduction based on weapon configuration, ammunition, barrel length, and atmospheric conditions). For example, the average measurement per MILSTD-1474D of 134dB on a 10.3” AR-15 chambered in 5.56 measured at the shooter’s left ear.
– Decreases flash, decreases recoil, increases accuracy.
– Fully and easily serviceable.
– Disassembles with common tools.
– The MSX suppressor line by Maxim Defense is specifically designed to minimize the increase in cyclic rate and gas blowback of a suppressed weapon system. Primary design features include the significant reduction of sound signature, decreasing flash signature, reduction of recoil, and increased accuracy.
– Duty built for the world’s most rigorous demands, this suppressor is designed to be the most robust and strongest suppressor in the category. It has been repeatably tested with SOCOM tables across a variety of calibers and barrel lengths, down to 5.5” 5.56 NATO with M855 ball ammunition. It has survived with no damage or significant changes in sound reduction.
- State-of-the-art patented M-Core Technology
- Simple 3-piece design
- Military-grade materials
- Adds 7.25” to the muzzle
- Purposefully built for each available caliber
- The suppressor core has integrated carbon cutters for tube cleaning
- Full auto-rated to 5.5″ barrel in all available calibers, PDX compatible
- It can be pinned to a 10.3” barrel to effect a 16” overall barrel length
- Ships with direct thread mount:
- ½-28 thread mount for 5.56
- 5/8-24 thread mount for 7.62 and 6.5 calibers
- Secondary retention feature for the suppressor tube