The DS Series is closely related to the DSX. Tough as hell, extremely quiet, and quite possibly the most enjoyable shooting experience you’ve had thanks to the M-Kore™ Technology. The DS is what we recommend when you’re not running anything below a 10.3” barrel, no matter what torture you put it through.
FUNCTIONS AND FEATURES
- M-Kore™ Technology
- Simple 3-piece design
- No barrel length restrictions
- Integrated carbon cutters for easy tube cleaning
- Left-hand threads from core to mount
- User serviceable
- Disassembles with common tools
- Increase reliability and longevity with host firearms due to low gas blowback and low gain in host weapon cyclic rate compared to other more traditional suppressor designs.
- Drops sound to well below hearing-safe levels (specific reduction based on weapon configuration, ammunition, barrel length, and atmospheric conditions). For example, the average measurement per MILSTD-1474D of 134dB on a 10.3” AR-15 chambered in 5.56 measured at the shooter’s left ear.
- Decreases flash, decreases recoil, and increases accuracy.
– The MSX suppressor line by Maxim Defense is specifically designed to minimize the increase in cyclic rate and gas blowback of a suppressed weapon system. Primary design features include the significant reduction of sound signature, decreasing flash signature, reduction of recoil, and increased accuracy.
– Rated for full-auto shooting. The main differences from the DSX are the absence of the secondary tube retention ring and the use of Grade 9 titanium on the tube and mount instead of Grade 5. Grade 5 titanium is much more expensive, and it simply isn’t needed in the DS series.